Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cheesy Potato and Broccoli Soup

Who doesn't love a fall day? I love waking up, looking outside and seeing the mist on the lake (yep, I have a lake view). Fall always gets me thinking of all of the yummy fall type foods I can make. However, being a gluten free family, I am now running into the issue of finding soups that do not use flour. Yes, I could easily use a gf flour, but it sometimes changes the taste of the soup, or the consistency. I have found the solution! Here is my Cheesy Potato and Broccoli Soup.


Ingredients
chicken stock
celery
milk
potatoes *no need to peel
broccoli
ham
butter
shredded cheese
sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

How to do it

In a large soup pot pour about a 1/2 a cup of chicken stock into the bottom, add the celery. Let cook for awhile. Add the potatoes (cut up of course) and the milk. Cook until potatoes are almost done. Add the ham (precooked) and broccoli. Cook until done. Add the cheese (its up to you how much) SLOWLY. <-- very important, this prevents the curdle look that most homemade milk based soups get. Use the sour cream and butter to thicken. Again, add slowly. Serve with your favorite bread.

This soup only takes about 30 mins to cook. I LOVE it!

chicken stock and celery

after adding potatoes and milk

finished product





Even my kids loved this! I love when we can find a new family favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment