Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Burning of the Mortgage

After church tomorrow they will "burn the mortgage" and dedicate the building. As a congregation, we paid off our mortgage! Awesome right? You're probably wondering what this has to do with me and blogging. Two words. Chicken Salad.

I am making a chicken salad for the potluck that will follow. We're Methodists, food always follows things like this! I am having a heck of a time finding a recipe I like on the internet. So I am making my own.

Lacey's Chicken Salad
2 chicken breasts
cream cheese
apples
celery
onions
grapes


We came home with very little of this. And it was SO easy to make! I just slow cooked the chicken breasts in water and some Wildtree Rancher's Steak Rub. Shred the chicken, chop the apples, onions and celery. Slice the grapes in half, mix in the cream cheese and BAM! we have a chicken salad.

The service was awesome. The potluck fantastic. We all enjoyed ourselves. Oh and I managed to drop lasagne on Levi's head. Oops! Too bad I didn't take a picture of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment