Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 1 down

Well I made it through the first week of the 15 by Christmas weight loss challenge. Last night we even went to Texas Roadhouse, where despite the fact I ate FOUR rolls (no butter), I don't feel bad about the choices I made. I went with the oven roasted chicken, house salad with dressing on the side, and fresh veggies. I didn't eat the skin on the chicken, only dipped my fork in the dressing and ate all the veggies!

I think eating out while dieting/trying to lose weight/stay healthy is hard. Not only do you get the guilt from spending money on eating out (I'm sorry but the $40+ it costs a family of 4, with only 3 people eating, to eat out, will feed the same family a few meals at home) but you also get the guilt from eating your WEEKS worth of calories in some meals. Yikes!

I started last week at 185.8 (the joys of having a baby) and with watching what I eat, exercise, nursing and stepping on the scale daily... I finished the first week at 182.6!! That is a loss of 3.2 pounds! Have to say, I am pretty excited. I also don't feel like I am starving myself. I am finding new things to eat and love. Like the Fiber One 90 calorie chewy fudge brownies. Mmm. Also the Dannon Okios Greek yogurt. Loving the blueberry fruit on the bottom one. It smells like blueberry muffins.

Day 2 Thankfulness Challenge
I am thankful for a house with heat. 
According to yahoo weather its a whole 21 degrees outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment