I yell. A lot. At everyone. Not publicly. My kids get the worse of it. My husband gets his fair share. And I hate myself for it. I hate the look on my boys' faces. I hate the way it makes me feel. I hate the mess it leaves behind. Thats a lot of hate.
Starting tonight (Jan 31st) I am enrolling myself in the Orange Rhino Challenge (you can read about it here).
- Do not yell at all tomorrow (Feb 1st)
- Walk away when the feeling to yell happens
- Do not yell for a week (Feb 1-Feb7)
- Write down triggers that make me feel like yelling
- Do not yell for a month (Feb 1-Feb 28)
- Count to 10 before speaking
- Do not yell for 365 days (Feb 1-Jan 31, 2014)
I don't want to be that mom. The mom that is always yelling. With soon to be 3 kids in the house, this needs to stop.
I want to be the mom I see myself being, right now, I am not her.
June Cleaver, Here I come!!