Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Orange Rhino Challenge

This is not an easy post to write. Its never easy to admit to faults that you try so hard to hide.

I yell. A lot. At everyone. Not publicly. My kids get the worse of it. My husband gets his fair share. And I hate myself for it. I hate the look on my boys' faces. I hate the way it makes me feel. I hate the mess it leaves behind. Thats a lot of hate.

Starting tonight (Jan 31st) I am enrolling myself in the Orange Rhino Challenge (you can read about it here).

Goals
  1. Do not yell at all tomorrow (Feb 1st)
  2. Walk away when the feeling to yell happens
  3. Do not yell for a week (Feb 1-Feb7)
  4. Write down triggers that make me feel like yelling
  5. Do not yell for a month (Feb 1-Feb 28)
  6. Count to 10 before speaking
  7. Do not yell for 365 days (Feb 1-Jan 31, 2014)

I don't want to be that mom. The mom that is always yelling. With soon to be 3 kids in the house, this needs to stop.

I want to be the mom I see myself being, right now, I am not her.


June Cleaver, Here I come!!






No comments:

Post a Comment