Friday, January 13, 2012

Voices from beyond

So whether or not you believe in the super natural, I still feel like I need to share my story.

Back in December of 2010 my Grandfather passed away. He hung on long after he should have. Two full days after they shut off the machines. He passed just hours after I was able to see him. Even now, I can remember leaning in, with tears in my eyes telling him that he was going to be a Great Grandpa just one more time.

Small backstory aside, I was hanging out in the kitchen last night. It was late, after both kids were in bed but before Jesse was home for work. Jacob has this toy.....
And it only works if you push the buttons. Not to mention, we have not changed the batteries since Jacob got it for a gift two years ago. Honestly, we have had no problems and its showing NO signs of needing the batteries changed anyway.

So back to last night. The dump truck got parked underneath Jacob's play table last night. Anyway, I am on the phone.. complaining about something, and what do you know, that darn truck beeps at me! Talk about freaked out.

This is not the first time something like this has happened. There have been toys at my mom's house that have gone off. The toys have been long broken... not working and suddenly, for just a moment, they work.

We are pretty sure its just my dear Grandpa letting me know, he cares, is listening and sometimes its a reminder to put my big girl panties on and deal with life.


No comments:

Post a Comment