Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm not going to write you a love song....

... Cause you asked for it.

Its funny how some songs can take you back to a moment. To a different place and time. They can bring you back to times of great joy, or great sorrow.

Love Song - Every time this song comes on, I am reminded of a phone call. Something so simple. This was the song that was playing when I made a phone call a few years ago that essentially ended a relationship. Though in all honesty, it was never much of a relationship. I guess its more of what it represents. Lost moments. Lost loves. Could have beens. Should have beens?

I remember it like it was yesterday. Especially when that song comes on. Part of me feels ... a sense of longing.... of loss.

Truly Madly Deeply  - A darkened gym, butterflies.... it all comes rushing back.... a dream to slow dance

Slim Shady - this is another that really brings me back. Heartache, loss... change. Tears that were never shed. A deep wish that I could have made time stand still.

You were meant for me - this one... well it pretty much was my theme song? were we meant to be? later in life, it seemed like the fates conspired against us (or for us). Life has gone on. People change. Love grows, matures, is different, if it ever was.

You Belong With Me - "She wears short skirts, I wear tee shirts. She's cheer captain, I'm on the bleachers"  - yeah... pretty much.

Eight Grade - 1998-1999
 
 Summer of 2000



The place life takes you can be funny at times. I was such an awkward teenager. So unsure of myself. More interested in reading and being a "good" girl than anything else. And yet... the memories are so strong.. the feelings. Conversations that were had, they are just strengthened by the songs that were in the background.

Can you believe that girl grew into this one?

Summer of 2006

June 6th, 2008

Bubbly - Love Song may have ended one chapter of my life... but this song began a whole new one...


What songs bring you back?

No comments:

Post a Comment