Saturday, December 31, 2011

January Plan

Towards the end of the month I hope to update you on previous months, and lay out the plan for the next month. I hope that this will keep me on track.

We have about $40k in debt right now. We don't even own our own house. We rent. While there is nothing wrong with that, we are in NO position to buy. I want us to be in a position to buy when our lease is up in 2.5 years.

So what is our Plan for January? First and foremost it is to watch our spending. In Oct we were given a gift. That gift allowed us to pay of some things, save some money and do some other fun things. But when it comes down to it, I feel like we squandered it. And its my own fault. Both Jess and I hate to say no. To ourselves, for our kids... its just no a word that either of us like to hear. This has become apparent in our spending habits. I go to the store for milk and come home $20 later. No, milk isn't THAT expensive... I just can't say no to myself.

Well it stops and starts here. In 2011. No is my new best friend. I will stick to the budget. I will help us get out of debt. I will


Live Like No One Else, So Later I Can Live Like No One Else

No comments:

Post a Comment